GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) LDPC Decoder
GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) is an ETSI standard for satellite phones. The Creonic GMR Decoder IP core supports the PNB2 burst packets that were added in GMR Release 2 (GMPRS-1) and use LDPC codes for the first time. The same burst modes and LDPC codes are also in GMR Release 3 (GMR-3G).
- Satellite Telephony
- Further Low-throughput Applications
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with GMR Release 2, ETSI TS 101 376-5-3 V2.3.1 (2008-07) (GMPRS-1 05.003).
- Compliant with GMR Release 3, ETSI TS 101 376-5-3 V3.1.1 (2009-07) (GMR-3G 45.003).
- Support for return and forward link.
- Support for short PNB2 (5,3) bursts and long PNB2 (5,12) bursts.
- Support for all PNB2 modulation schemes (Pi/4-QPSK, 16-APSK, 32-APSK).
- Support for all PNB2 shortening, repeating, and puncturing schemes.
- Support for all PNB2 LDPC codes (approximate channel coding rates 1/2, 2/3, 4/5, 9/10).
- FPGA-proven design, validated with satellite data.
- Soft-decision demapper, LLR-descrambler, block deinterleaver, and LDPC decoder included.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Burst-to-burst on-the-fly configuration.
- Design-time configuration of throughput for optimal resource utilization.
- Faster convergence due to layered LDPC decoder architecture.
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
- Collection of statistic information (number of modified information bits, number of iterations, decoding successful).
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL or SystemC testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
- The software model includes the corresponding transmitter part.
Learn more about the GEO-Mobile Radio LDPC Codes
Contact us for more information!
Product InformationProduct ViewProduct View
- DVB-S2X BCH and LDPC Decoder
- DOCSIS 3.1 LDPC Decoder IP-Cores (PLC / NCP / Data)
- IEEE 802.11n/ac (WiFi) LDPC Decoder and Encoder
- IEEE 802.11ad (WiGig 60GHz) LDPC Decoder
- 1 Gbit/s LDPC Decoder and Encoder (WiMedia UWB)
- DVB-S2 BCH and LDPC Decoder and Encoder
- GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) LDPC Decoder
- DVB-C2 BCH and LDPC Decoder
- CCSDS LDPC Encoder and Decoder
- IEEE 802.15.3c (60 GHz PHY) Multi-Gbit/s LDPC Decoder