DVB-C2 BCH and LDPC Decoder
DVB-C2 (Digital Video Broadcast - Cable 2nd Generation) is an ETSI standard of the second generation for digital data transmission via cable networks. It complements the existing standards DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 for satellite and terrestrial communication and offers a capacity-approaching coding scheme. The Creonic DVB-C2 IP core integrates the forward error correction as defined by the standard (including LDPC and BCH decoder).
- Digital Video Broadcasting
- Further applications with highest demands on forward error correction
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with ETSI 302 769 V1.2.1 (2011-04) (DVB-C2).
- Support for short blocks (16200 bits) and long blocks (64800 bits).
- Support for all modulation schemes (16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM, 4096-QAM).
- Support for all interleaving schemes of all modulation schemes.
- Support for all LDPC and BCH codes as defined by the standard.
- Support for decoding of L1 signalling part 2 data.
- Soft-Decision demapper, block deinterleaver, LDPC decoder, BCH decoder, and descrambler included.
- Based on industry-proven design for DVB-S2.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Burst-to-burst on-the-fly configuration.
- Design-time configuration of throughput for optimal resource utilization.
- Faster convergence due to layered LDPC decoder architecture.
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
- Collection of statistic information (number of modified information bits, number of iterations, decoding successful).
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL or SystemC testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
- The software model includes the corresponding transmitter part.