Generic Open Source Viterbi Decoder
Convolutional codes are widely adopted in wireless communication systems for forward error correction. Creonic offers you a certified open source Viterbi decoder with AXI4-Stream interface that is capable of decoding most of the convolutional codes as defined by various standards.
- Mobile Communications
- Digital Video Broadcasting
- Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Satellite Modems
- Satellite Phones
- Trunked Radio Systems
- Microwave Links
- Ultra-wideband (UWB)
- Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN)
- Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)
- and many more.
Features the Core Supports
- Design-time configuration of encoder polynomials (different number of states and different code rates).
- Support for recursive and non-recursive convolutional codes.
- Windowing technique for reduced latency and memory requirements (with acquisition).
- Design-time configuration of quantization, maximum window size, RAM usage (distributed RAM vs. Block RAM).
- Run-time configuration of block length.
- Run-time configuration of window length and acquisition length.
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration.
- Configurable for most standards that apply convolutional codes (GSM, UMTS, CDMA, CDMA2000, WiMAX, WiFi, DAB, DVB, GMR, WiMedia ...).
- Pipelined design for high payload throughputs (about 1 bit per clock cycle).
- AXI4-Stream interface for simple integration.
- Up to 250 MHz on Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA (Speedgrade 1).
- VHDL source code available under GPL license (hosted at opencores.org).
- Certified by OpenCores.
- Commercial support and licenses available.