Fixed-Point AWGN Channel
The Creonic AWGN Channel IP is a noise generator capable of processing up to a maximum of 512 symbols in parallel. The IP was developed with the aim of allowing the performance evaluation of a digital communication system in the presence of Additive White Gaussian Noise. The emphasis is on evaluating systems with low bit error rates. Unlike a software-based AWGN generator, which might take several hours and even days for the stated purpose, a hardware-based AWGN generator requires significantly less time. Run-time is reduced by several orders of magnitude.
- Digital communication systems for which an AWGN channel is required
- Design-time configuration of the number of symbols in parallel, quantization of input and output and precalculation of standard variation, for adjustment of resource utilization.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- AXI4-Stream interface for easy integration.
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model, HDL simulation models e.g. for Aldec’s Riviera-PRO
Contact us for more information!