IEEE 802.3bj Reed-Solomon Encoder and Decoder
IEEE 802.3bj was developed in response to the rapid growth of server, network and internet traffic. The standard meets the need for higher data rates over backplanes and copper cables for 100 Gbit/s throughput. The Creonic IP cores are the ideal solution for throughputs beyond 10 Gbit/s for FPGA devices and throughputs of up to 100 Gbit/s on state-of-the-art ASIC technologies.
Available versions of IEEE 802.3bj RS
- KR4 single channel
- KP4/200 g single channel
- KP4/KR4 single channel
- KP4/KR4 multi channel
- KP4/KR4/RS272 single channel
- KP4/KR4/RS272 multi channel
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3bj, Clause 91
- Support for KR4 (528, 514) and KP4 (544, 514) Reed-Solomon (RS) code
- Corrects up to seven (KR4) or up to 15 (KP4) erroneous symbols.
- High-throughput, low-latency core.
- Support for single channel mode (up to 100 Gbit/s).
- Support for bypass mode with low latency.
- Symbol error measurement per lane.
- Detection of un-correctable code words.
- Block-to-block on-the-fly switching between KP4/KR4 codes.
- Easy-to-use handshaking interfaces.
- No internal RAM required.
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel).
- Deliverable includes Verilog source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
Contact us for more information!