DVB-C2 LDPC / BCH
DVB-C2 (Digital Video Broadcast – Cable 2nd Generation) is an ETSI standard of the second generation for digital data transmission via cable networks. It complements the existing standards DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 for satellite and terrestrial communication and offers a capacity-approaching coding scheme. The Creonic DVB-C2 IP core integrates the forward error correction as defined by the standard (including LDPC and BCH decoder).
Digital Video Broadcasting
Further applications with the highest demands on forward error correction
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with ETSI 302 769 V1.2.1 (2011-04) (DVB-C2)
- Support for short blocks (16200 bits) and long blocks (64800 bits).
- Support for all modulation schemes (16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM, 4096-QAM)
- Support for all interleaving schemes of all modulation schemes.
- Support for all LDPC and BCH codes as defined by the standard
- Support for decoding of L1 signalling part 2 data
- Soft-Decision demapper, block deinterleaver, LDPC decoder, BCH decoder, and descrambler included.
- Based on industry-proven design for DVB-S2
- Low-power and low-complexity design
- Burst-to-burst on-the-fly configuration
- Design-time configuration of throughput for optimal resource utilization
- Faster convergence due to layered LDPC decoder architecture
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance
- Collection of statistic information (number of modified information bits, number of iterations, decoding successful)
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel)
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model
- The software model includes the corresponding transmitter part
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.