The Creonic DVB-RCS2 modulator is a low-complexity high-performance solution that allows for symbol rates of up to 160 MSymb/s on state-of-the-art FPGAs. The IP core performs all tasks of the inner transmitter and complements the Creonic DVB-RCS2 receiver solutions (DVB-RCS2 demapper and DVB-RCS2 turbo decoder).
is the first standard to adopt the high performance 16-states turbo
codes. New modulation schemes (8-PSK and 16-QAM) help to increase
spectral efficiency even further. The outstanding error correction
performance of the DVB-RCS2 turbo code makes it the ideal candidate for
further applications where high spectral efficiency is key for lowering
Satellite communication (Return Channel, Interactive Services, Professional Services)
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with ETSI EN 301 545 -2 V1.2.1 (2014 – 04) (DVB-RCS2)
Supports BPSK, QPSK, 8-PSK,
- Supports all linear modulation burst waveforms of Annex A
- Easy-to-use AXI4-Stream input/output/configuration interfaces
- Provides interpolated and gain-adjusted ZF baseband signal
- Frame-to-frame configuration of waveform ID
- The modulator contains scrambler, CRC encoder, turbo encoder, framer, bit mapper, baseband filter, and gain adjustment
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel, Microchip)
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.