GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) LDPC Decoder
GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) is an ETSI standard for satellite phones. The Creonic GMR Decoder IP core supports the PNB2 burst packets that were added in GMR Release 2 (GMPRS-1) and use LDPC codes for the first time. The same burst modes and LDPC codes are also in GMR Release 3 (GMR-3G). The Creonic GMR LDPC decoder IP core is a field-proven solution.
Further Low-throughput Applications
Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with GMR Release 2, ETSI TS 101 376-5-3 V2.3.1 (2008-07) (GMPRS-1 05.003)
- Compliant with GMR Release 3, ETSI TS 101 376-5-3 V3.1.1 (2009-07) (GMR-3G 45.003)
- Support for return and forward link.
- Support for short PNB2 (5,3) bursts and long PNB2 (5,12) bursts
- Support for all PNB2 modulation schemes (Pi/4-QPSK, 16-APSK, 32-APSK)
- Support for all PNB2 shortening, repeating, and puncturing schemes.
- Support for all PNB2 LDPC codes (approximate channel coding rates 1/2, 2/3, 4/5, 9/10)
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.