SDA OCT V3.0 Encoder and Decoder
The Optical Communications Terminal (OCT) Standard was developed by the Space Development Agency (SDA) with the purpose of bringing interoperability across freespace optical communication (FSO) systems where at least one endpoint is a space-based terminal.
The Creonic SDA OCT V3.0 Encoder handles the construction of Over-The-Air (OTA) frames as indicated in the standard, a preamble followed by a header and payload data, with both fields being protected by cyclic redundancy check (CRC) and forward error correction (FEC). The Creonic SDA OCT V3.0 Decoder performs the synchronization of the Over-The-Air (OTA) frame and then decodes the header and payload data within the frame.
Free-space optical communications
(FSO) systems such as
- space-to-air (S2A)
- space-to-maritime (S2M)
- space-to-ground (S2G)
- space-to-space (S2S)
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with “Optical Communications Terminal (OCT) Standard Version 3.0, Document ID: SDA-9100-0001-05, August 2021”
Support for payload code rates 11/13,
22/29, 2/3, 1/2, and uncoded data
- Low-power and low-complexity design
- AXI4-Stream data and configuration interfaces for a seamless integration
- Collection of statistical information (frame counters, CRC error counters, synchronization loss counters, etc.)
Configurable preamble synchronization
- Available for Xilinx FPGAs
- Support for Intel FPGAs on request
- Optional use of Xilinx Soft-Decision Forward Error Correction (SD-FEC) IP as available in selected AMD Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC devices
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.