Generic Open Source Viterbi Decoder
Convolutional codes are widely adopted in wireless communication systems for forward error correction. Creonic offers you a certified open source Viterbi decoder IP core with AXI4-Stream interface that is capable of decoding most of the convolutional codes as defined by various standards.
- Digital Video Broadcasting
- Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Satellite Modems
- Satellite Phones
- Trunked Radio Systems
- Microwave Links
- Ultra-wideband (UWB)
- Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN)
- Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)
and many more.
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Design-time configuration of encoder polynomials (different number of states and different code rates)
- Support for recursive and non-recursive convolutional codes
- Windowing technique for reduced latency and memory requirements (with acquisition)
- Design-time configuration of quantization, maximum window size, RAM usage (distributed RAM vs. Block RAM)
- Run-time configuration of block length
- Run-time configuration of window length and acquisition length
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.