Generic Open Source Viterbi Decoder
Convolutional codes are widely adopted in wireless communication systems for forward error correction. Creonic offers you a certified open source Viterbi decoder IP core with AXI4-Stream interface that is capable of decoding most of the convolutional codes as defined by various standards.
- Digital Video Broadcasting
- Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Satellite Modems
- Satellite Phones
- Trunked Radio Systems
- Microwave Links
- Ultra-wideband (UWB)
- Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN)
- Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)
and many more.
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Design-time configuration of encoder polynomials (different number of states and different code rates)
- Support for recursive and non-recursive convolutional codes
- Windowing technique for reduced latency and memory requirements (with acquisition)
- Design-time configuration of quantization, maximum window size, RAM usage (distributed RAM vs. Block RAM)
- Run-time configuration of block length
- Run-time configuration of window length and acquisition length
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration
- Configurable for most standards that apply convolutional codes (GSM, UMTS, CDMA, CDMA2000, WiMAX, WiFi, DAB, DVB, GMR, WiMedia …)
- Pipelined design for high payload throughputs (about 1 bit per clock cycle).
- AXI4-Stream interface for simple integration
- Up to 250 MHz on Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA (Speedgrade 1)
- VHDL source code available under GPL license (hosted at opencores.org)
- Certified by OpenCores
- Commercial support and licenses available
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.