The "6G-CampuSens" project pioneers the exploration, design, and testing of 6G technologies tailored for secure campus networks mirroring critical infrastructure. The objective is to develop a reference architecture for "Campusnetz 2.0," focusing on the integration of sensing and communication technologies crucial for resilience.
The project aims to create a secure virtualization platform for network functions, adhering to the Open-RAN standard. This architecture, with integrated sensing and cryptography, addresses the diverse needs of Industry 4.0.
With an emphasis on energy-efficient technologies, the project contributes to Germany's technological sovereignty. Creonic GmbH plays a key role in this endeavor, contributing expertise to the development of secure campus networks.
Integration of Sensing and Communication for 6G Campus Networks
11/2022 - 10/2025
The project consortium consists of:
- Infineon Technologies AG, Neubiberg
- Nokia Solutions and Networks GmbH & Co. KG, München
- secunet Security Networks AG, Essen
- Vodafone GmbH, Düsseldorf
- umbrella.associates GmbH, Eschborn
- Creonic GmbH, Kaiserslautern
- Barkhausen Institut gGmbH, Dresden
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Technische Universität Dresden
- Technische Universität Kaiserslautern
The project is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research