CCSDS LDPC Encoder and Decoder
The CCSDS LDPC codec supports code rate 223/255 with coded block size of 8160 bits, which allows for a simple replacement of legacy Reed-Solomon decoders. It was designed particularly for near-earth space missions, but the excellent error correction performance makes it the ideal fit for additional high-throughput applications such as microwave or optical links.
- Near-Earth and Deep-Space communication
- Space link communication
- Microwave links
- Optical links
- Further high-throughput applications
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Block size of 8160 bits
- Code rate 223/255 (7136/8160)
- Compliant with “TM Synchronization and Channel Coding, Recommended Standard, CCSDS 131.0-B-3, Blue Book”
- Gains more than 2.5 dB compared to Reed-Solomon decoder.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Layered LDPC decoder architecture, for faster convergence behavior.
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration.
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
- Collection of statistic information (number of iterations, decoding success).
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
Contact us for more information!
Product InformationProduct BriefProduct Brief
- CCSDS AR4JA LDPC Encoder and Decoder
- DOCSIS 3.1 LDPC Decoder IP-Cores (PLC / NCP / Data)
- IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax (WiFi) LDPC Decoder and Encoder
- ATSC 3.0 LDPC/BCH Decoder
- DVB-S2X BCH and LDPC Decoder
- IEEE 802.11ad (WiGig 60GHz) LDPC Decoder
- DVB-S2X Wideband BCH and LDPC Decoder
- 1 Gbit/s LDPC Decoder and Encoder (WiMedia UWB)
- DVB-S2 BCH and LDPC Decoder and Encoder
- GEO-Mobile Radio (GMR) LDPC Decoder
- DVB-C2 BCH and LDPC Decoder
- CCSDS LDPC Encoder and Decoder
- 5G-NR LDPC Decoder
- IEEE 802.15.3c (60 GHz PHY) Multi-Gbit/s LDPC Decoder