DVB-S2 (Digital Video Broadcast – Satellite 2nd Generation) is an ETSI standard of the second generation for digital data transmission via satellites. It was published in 2005, being the first standard of the second generation DVB standards (DVB-S2/DVB-T2/DVB-C2). Because of its capacity-approaching forward error correction, today DVB-S2 is the de-facto standard in satellite communication and other applications. The Creonic DVB-S2 high performance demodulator IP core performs all tasks of an inner receiver. Its output perfectly fits the DVB-S2 forward error correction IP core from Creonic that implements LDPC and BCH decoding.
Satellite communication (Digital Video Broadcasting, Interactive Services, News Gathering, Professional Services)
Nanosatellite and CubeSat devices
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with ETSI 302 307 V1.2.1 (2009-08) (DVB-S2)
- Supports CCM mode for broadcasting. ACM and VCM modes will be available soon
- Support for QPSK and 8-PSK modulations. 16-APSK and 32-APSK will be available soon
- Support for short blocks (16200 bits) and long blocks (64800 bits)
- Output of XFECFRAMEs for further processing by the Creonic DVB-S2 FEC decoder IP core
Learn more about
Our customers can rely on consistently high quality, guaranteed by our certified quality management.