DVB-S2X is the next generation satellite transmission standard which is an extended version of its well-established predecessor DVB-S2. The new specification allows for spectral efficiency gains of up to 50%by offering lower roll-off factors, higher modulations and a finer code rate granularity compared to DVB-S2.
- Satellite communication (Digital Video Broadcasting, Interactive Services, News Gathering, Professional Services)
- Nanosatellite and CubeSat devices
Standard Features the Core Supports
- Compliant with ETSI EN 302 307-1 V1.4.1 (2014-11) (DVB-S2) and ETSI EN 302 307-2 V1.1.1 (2014-10) (DVB-S2X).
- Supports CCM, ACM and VCM modes.
- Support for QPSK up to 256-APSK.
- Support for short blocks (16200 bits) and long blocks (64800 bits).
- Optional support for VLSNR modes.
- Validated against the field-proven Creonic DVB-S2X demodulator and decoder IP cores.
- Easy-to-use mode adaptation input interface.
- Provides interpolated and gain-adjusted ZF basebend signal.
- The modulator contains padder, BB scrambler, BCH encoder, LDPC encoder, bit interleaver, bit mapper, dummy PL frame insertion, PL signalling, pilot insertion, PL scrambler, baseband filter, interpolator, and gain adjustment.
- Can be complemented with the Creonic DVB-CID modulator.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel, Microchip).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
Creonic DVB-S2X LDPC/BCH Decoder
Creonic DVB-CID Modulator
DVB-S2X standard and factsheet
Learn more about the DVB-S2/T2/C2 LDPC codes.